Friday, February 08, 2008

since when did blogging become a monthly issue for me. haha.. but the last time i blogged was really one month ago... well it's chinese new year these few days and it has been pretty okay for me.. the whole month of january was quite good.. i'm a tekong instructor taking a bunch of recruits in "A" coy. well that's all i should say lest i get fired for some stupid censorship thing...
the first day of chinese new year was like all the past chinese new years. we would all gather at one of my grand aunt's place for popiah lunch session where harvesting there would be abundant. (if you know what i mean.) well this year it wasn't so. i was sitting beside my sister eating prawn crackers and one of my aunts just crossed in front of me and gave my sis a red packet and left me out! haha and this did not just happen once! it happened with several of the more elderly ppl!! i'm not fussed with the money in the red packet but i'm just surprised as to why i din recieve red packets... do i look so old? haha.. my dad was still teasing me saying that maybe one of them thought i was my sis' boyfriend.. -.- anyway it was nice meeting up with the rest of the relatives and cousins again and see how much we all have grown or progressed in life... as you grow older, the red packets don't seem to matter, the pineapple tarts or the bah kua all don't seem so significant. you just take a step back and take in the whole atmosphere. and you realise how much each person has grown or aged...

well today was the second day of cny, and i went over to my dad's side of the family for visitations... and i talked with my aunt and uncle about my interest in doing medicine... well cause my grades aren't that fantastic, i can't really get into medicine in singapore, and even in australia, it isn't so easy... so like they were recommending that i retake a levels and re-evaluat whether medicine was really for me... but it isn't that easy.. unless you ask me to retake like subjects which i don't really mind cause i'm quite sure i missed a by a bit.. so i'm still thinking what i should do.. but i really really still want to do medicine... oh wells.

oh and somewhere a few weeks ago there was switchfoot concert at tjc! switchfoot! like one of the best bands i have ever seen!! anyway although they say they're not a christian band but you can really feel where their song is directed at. Songs like 'Only Hope' which Mandy Moore did a cover of in A Walk to Remember is not just written about another person actually, Curious? Go Listen!

So i lay my head back down
And i lift my hands
And pray to be only Yours
I pray to be only Yours
I know now You're my only hope
this is the way that i say i need you
this is the way that i say i love you
this is the way that i say i'm yours
this is the way i'm learning to breathe.